Key points for being health prepared that were discussed included:
- Have a current list of medications, ailments and previous medical/surgical history.
- Keep this list with other items you might take in an evacuation, such as photo albums or computers
- Keep a stocked first aid kit in your car
- Learn first aid and know basic first aid principles such as how to control bleeding, how to open an airway and how to do CPR
- Get to know your neighbours, you might need each other’s help in an emergency
The 27th December 2016: Live interview ‘Being health prepared for a disaster’, on: 1206 2CC (Canberra) can be found below:
On 18th January 2017, a number of large grass fires were burning in the Canberra region, resulting in emergency warnings for the region. I was interviewed by Chris Coleman on 1206AM Canberra 2CC regarding the immediate action people should take to keep safe and be prepared from a health perspective.
27th December 2016: Live interview ‘Being health prepared for a disaster’, on: 1206 2CC (Canberra)
18th January 2017: Live interview, bushfire update ‘Considerations during evacuation’, on: 1206 2CC (Canberra). (During Bushfire Emergency near Sutton, NSW).